A Bear Called Paddington
“Things are always happening to me. I’m that sort of bear.”PADDINGTON
Celebrate Paddington’s 60th Anniversary with this exquisite gift edition. Unabridged and featuring beautiful colour drawings by the original illustrator, Peggy Fortnum, this is truly a book to be treasured.
“A bear? On Paddington station?” Mrs Brown looked at her husband in amazement. “Don’t be silly, Henry. There can’t be!”
Paddington Bear had travelled all the way from Darkest Peru when the Brown family first met him on Paddington station. Since then their lives have never been quite the same… for ordinary things become quite extraordinary when a bear called Paddington is involved.
- Praise for the Paddington series:
- ‘I’ve always had great respect for Paddington…He is a British institution.’ Stephen Fry
- ‘Paddington has joined Pooh as one of the great bears of English children’s literature.’ The Teacher
- ‘Michael Bond’s accident-prone bear…has become one of the most enduring of children’s characters.’ The Bookseller
- Praise for Paddington’s Finest Hour:
- “…a delight throughout…” Financial Times
- Praise for Love From Paddington:
- “…a jolly ride through the best of the Paddington tales” The Times
- “…a delightful collection…” Sunday Express